Thursday, August 7, 2008

Giving in and Accepting

I will not recover without a strong support system. The one I have now (excluding my family) is filled with people I used to use/drink with. That doesn't seem so healthy now that I think about it.


So, I have filled my weekly calendar with the days and times of DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) meetings. I added "Chicks with Sticks" times, too- people who get together at coffee shops around the city every Thursday and knit. And, finally, I have willingly accepted that as an addict I need to attend some kind of recovery meeting. I've chosen The Secular Organization for Sobriety, SOS, which can also be "Save OurSelves" - this group is very much about personal responsbility regarding addiction, something I wholeheartedly agree with.

More to come later- I've made a life-changing decision, again. I think it will be a good one.

<3.

No comments: